Monday, January 18, 2010

Me and Mission Create!!!

Yayyyyy, I got to scrap some more today! Trip to the mall for shoes for Jasin, Lunch with Jasins mom, Naptime for the boys and scrappy time for me, Dinner together as a family and now all the kiddies are in bed and I am blogging.....All in all, a very wonderful day. The weather is just beautiful. Happy Days....Happy Days!

I came across a nifty challenge blog and decided to give it a try. It is called Mission Create. You are given 5 different criteria to create a layout. You have to include atleast 3 in YOUR layout. I loved doing this challenge cause I could do whatever I wanted and with the 5 criterias you have to follow it makes you get creative and use up stuff you forgot you had. Here is mine....I used all 5 criteria. Rub-ons, Paint, Curved title, Red, Turqouise and White and stitching.



I painted the turqouise butterflies and stitched the body and antennas. I used ghost letters for the title but painted them the same color of the butterflies and curved the rest of the title using rub-ons, I used rub-ons for the swirls under the butterflies and the red on the top right of the picture and the bottom of the picture. I stitched around the whole photo in red. I think that sums up all the criteria. Fun, Fun,Fun! The picture I messed with and over edited on purpose. It is a picture of Jasin in Arkansas. He is such a great Husband, Father and he is my best friend. He is the LOVE of my life!

Remember the paper and picture I had on my table in my scrappy space...Played around with it today and here it is!



I can't tell you what I am doing in this picture but I am 4 years old. When I was growing up my grandmother always had her sewing machine full steam ahead. We had the best dressed Barbies in to whole wide world. She crocheted, crafted, quilted and just about anything. I always sat at her feet and watched and grabbed any scraps I could get. I have pieces of fabric that she sewed and cut off the scraps and then I took a needle and thread and sewed by hand on the scrap. She always had some fun project for us. I used to make mini books full of rainbow pictures or birds or whatever I wanted. She put me in art classes and taught me to sew. Good memories. This picture reminds me of those times. I used an old measure tape and hand stitched on the bottom and left my needle in the page....on purpose. I used a piece of basic gray paper that came in my Jenni Bowlin kit this month. I just cut it up. A lot. The lady and the little child picture is from a childs math book from the 50's. I know I should not be ripping pages out of the book, but it is going to good use. Anything I have found at flea markets I look at this way.....Someone got rid of it cause they did not want it.....It has a story to tell but nobody to tell it anymore....So when I get my hands on it I am giving it new life, a new home and new meaning. I love using vintage stuff for this reason....I sure do wish I knew the stories though.

Have a great week. Hugs and love, Amy

8 comments:

  1. wowwwwwwwwwwwww amy!! these are gorgeous!!! LOVE them!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts are gorgeous! Love the butterflies. Thanks for playing with MC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, so the butterflies and the stitching on this one are simply amazing!!!! STUNNING work, amy! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are PERFECT!!! I just love them!!!!

    Have a great day!!! A Yay for creating time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous LO's! Love how you stitched the bodies of your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Amy,these layouts are just stunning!LOving the butterflies and all your stitching and I love your layering and misting!That photo of you is so beautiful!
    LOve your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi creative girl!!
    Wow, GREAT layout again! I LOVE the butterflies and the stitching, and of course the pic of Jasin!
    But the one of you is my favorite! That photo of you is so cute and I LOVE the story behind it! Thanks for sharing it!

    XXXJEnneke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I really love your page!!! thanks for creating with the MC girls ! Glad you are enjoying hte challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Pieces of Me

Blog Archive

Just Add Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones