Monday, October 5, 2009

October Weekend Scrap Project....Sneak Peaks!


Here are the 4 projects we will be making this weekend!!!
Keep in mind my motto...."think outside the box" I tell this to everyone who enters into my scrappy classroom.

I like to lay the foundation of a project and then lay out a ton of unique embellishments you can use to complete the project..... I am so excited about our embellishment bar... I found some pretty cool embellishments. All for you to use while you are at the event!!!

Our first project will be taught at 9pm on Friday night!



I found some Christmas story books to alter.... I am providing everything for this project... You can use it to journal special moments during the holidays or you can use it to keep your Christmas card addresses all in one place. I have inserted paper in between the story pages and added a letter to each page. We will also have a scripture for each letter... The binding of the book is cut off and rebound using the bind it all.!

The second project is the Cookie Sheet Christmas Countdown! We will begin this project at 9am.


You will need to supply your own Cookie Sheet. Mine is 10.25 x 15.25.
I have 24 squares on the cookie sheet with 24 fun magnets for you to use to count down the days to Christmas...

The third project is a framed Tree... We will begin this project at 3pm.
Your frame will be unique to your style....You will pick the paper you use and the frame...


You will need to bring your own open back frame... I have several quotes...If you have a favorite bring it!

We will make the leaves out of rounded flowers. I will use glimmer mist....Have you ever used Glimmer mist as a paint...It is like water colors! This is a fun project you can make with any theme...I will also show you haw to make one look like a Christmas tree.
I want to Thank Deana Boston for this idea!

Our fourth project is a covered bulletin board. I will use mine to hold Christmas cards.

The front cover of our altered book is in this picture!



You will need to bring a cork bulletin board {any size}. I have a bunch of fabric...If you want a specific theme. Please bring a piece of fabric large enough to wrap around your board!
We will be making our own tacks!

It is time to have fun with friends.
Oh did I mention we will me having Midnight Sundaes....
I will have all our favorite Ice cream and toppings!


Look forward to seeing you!

For my wonderful blog friends....Please take some time to be creative this weekend. If you share what you have created with us...I will send you an event t-shirt!

Have a fabulous week. Hugs, Amy



7 comments:

  1. wow!! sounds like heaps of fun!!! Wish I could take part!!!!

    I got my goodies!!! Ooooh Amy - you are soooo generous! i love love love them!
    Thanks soooooo much

    hugs my dear friend
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so gorgeous Amy!LOve that christmas story book!What a great idea!And that cookie sheet...wow!That frame is so much fun and that bulletin board also!Fab projects!That's going to be a fantastic weekend!!Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I wish I could be there - sounds like so much fun! And getting Christmas things done so early is super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* got your email....and just sayin'....wish it was all the time!!!! :):):):):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the projects U'll be doing!!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, your projects are gorgeous! LOVE everyone of them and like the other girls say: I wish I could be there too!
    Enjoy your weekend, my sweet friend!!
    Big hug, Jenneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your projects, Amy, you're an artist!! Hope you're having a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOKS like you got a lot done! great sneak pics, amy! :) hehehe

    hope you had a fantastic weekend! :)

    hugs to you,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Pieces of Me

Blog Archive

Just Add Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones