Saturday, May 15, 2010

What is your FAVE book?


Do you love to read? It should be a priority for me to curl up in my chair with a good book but I don't. Sorry....Does that surprise you. I am a magazine article reader.....Well, mostly I just thumb through the pictures... I am always on the go, over my head, knee deep in family, kids, church or some creative project. It would do me good to get a good book....and just chill.

What is your fave book? That is the challenge going on right now at What is your fave thing?
I am on the design team and thank goodness Julie gives us some time off if we need it. I could not think of a book that would be a favorite... But I know a time that I read that is my favorite and that is to the kids at bedtime!

At night we always read to the kids.....They love this book about the ABC's of beetles....It has a Dung Beetle in it and they love it because it says the beetles eat poop and the beetles think it is so good. They know the page and read to me what it says from memory..... Boys will be boys. That one is not my favorite, though it gives us a good laugh every time. My favorites areA If you give a Moose a Muffin, If you give a Mouse a cookie and If you give a Pig a Pancake. I love those books. I wanna read them all the time. The kids are a little tired of them.




So though reading with your kids is a fabulous thing to do..... I would appreciate any suggestions on a good book. I need a Good book to read. Julie sent me The Shack a few months back and I loved it...I read a few other books after it but just don't keep up on the latest best sellers.
Leave me a comment and I will start a summer reading list. In August when the kids go back to school I will post again on this subject and let you know what my favorite book is...!

Happy reading and hope you will come and play along with us. Hugs Amy

7 comments:

  1. I don't have time to read books anymore either. Like you, I do read lots of mags (& blogs, too! Does that count?!)

    If you love this series of books, you appreciate the book Bryn made. You can see all the pages here: http://deanaboston.typepad.com/divalogues/2010/04/my-8-12year-old-author-illustrator.html

    LOVE the new look of your blog, Amy! Looks SO CUTE!

    Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read Shanna, 1977, by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss. It was the best adventure romance story I have ever read.
    I like mystery with a dash of love. Try Iris Johansen and Sandra Brown.
    To get your boys into reading try the Magic Treehouse series of beginning chapter books.
    When your kids are middle school age you can read them The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
    If you're planning a trip to Hawaii, check our James Michener's Hawaii. Awesome.
    Hope this helps you find something enjoyable.
    Aloha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks soooooooooooooooo much my love for posting this!!! loveeeeeeeeeeee those kids books! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo... Those are faves at our house as well! Another fave alphabet book is "chicka chicka boom boom". So cute. Our oldest even likes to hear the rhyme when I read and remember when he was young! Especially when they fall out of the tree and end up with a black eyed "p"! HeeHee...

    I'm an avid reader, but hate to suggest stuff when I'm not sure what your tastes are...

    Hope your having a lovely weekend! And thanks for linking to my blog! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE to read...just have to ;)
    Loving your post!Gorgeous children books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your kids love those books... they will love these... the LITTLE CRITTERS... are way fun!!! Plus our newest favorites are the llama series... LLAMA LLAMA RED PAJAMA, LLAMA LLAMA MAD AT MAMA, LLAMA LLAMA MISSES MAMA, LLAMA LLAMA HOLIDAY DRAMA... these are just sooooo much fun...
    Enjoy your Sunday!! {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the new blog look is amazing!!! I used to be a big reader (call it "book eater") but I haven't got the time lately... like Leah said, I don't know your taste so I don't suggest anything... but keep on reading to the kids! I LOVED to do that!!! (I could suggest childrens books - my mum's a writer of childrens books - but they're all in Dutch...)

    ReplyDelete

Pieces of Me

Blog Archive

Just Add Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones